How To Make Garlic Flower Bread
Note : The right measurement for warm milk is 3/4 cup. Apologize for text mistake in the video. My cup measurement for flour : 1 cup = 125g. This recipe is not overnight dough methods. Thank you.
How to make Garlic Flower Bread No Knead Bread TBEO Video #86. The bread was soft and fluffy, savory, garlicy and delicious. Is great to serve with soup or just enjoy the way it s. Best to serve while still warm. To reheat : use microwave at medium level for 1 minutes, use oven at 150°C for 15 minutes
2.5 cups (312g) all purpose flour
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1/2 tsp fine salt
1 tbsp dry yeast
3/4 cup (180ml) warm milk
1 large egg, beaten. Keep 2 tbsp for later use.
3 tbsp butter, room temperature
Extra flour as needed
Garlic Butter : (you maybe won’t use it all)
1 cup butter/margarine, soft at room temperature (not melt)
1 tsp fine salt (table salt)
1/2 cup minced green onion
1 tsp garlic powder / minced garlic
Put butter, salt, green onion in a small bowl, mix until combined. Add garlic powder/minced garlic into the mix and continue mixing until well blended. Keep in the fridge until ready to use.
Make the dough :
1. In a mixing bowl put flour, make 3 wells. Add into each well : sugar, salt, yeast. Stir sugar and yeast first then stir together using a wooden spoon.
2. Pour warm milk and beaten egg (minus 2 tbsp). Stir until combined.
3. Add soft butter, continue stirring until well blended into a smooth sticky dough.
4. Put the dough into greased bowl. Cover with cling wrap and put in warm place for about an hour.
An hour later the dough will be very soft and hollow. When you pull the dough, it will show the hollows all around.
Sprinkle with extra flour and start folding with finger tips (not kneading). Sprinkle more flour as needed but not too much.
5. Dust work table with flour before put the dough. Flatten the dough with hand. Cut into 16 pieces.
6. Shape the dough into balls. Sprinkle with flour to prevent sticking.
7. Flatten or press the dough with fingers, spread with 1/2 tsp of garlic butter. Fold into a half-moon then gather both corners creating a flower petal.
Repeat the method until finished.
8. Arrange on greased a round baking pan ( I used inverted pie pan). Cover with loose cling wrap for 30 minutes. Let rise.
9. Brush beaten egg on top.
Bake at 175°C pre-heated oven, for 30 minutes until golden brown and blooming.
Let stay in the pan for 10 minutes. Serve with hot soup or just enjoy the way it is.